Sunday, March 10th we “spring forward”!Turn your clocks ahead 1 hour, before bed on Saturday night March 9th.
If you/your child(ren) typically wake at 6am, then they will likely wake 7am. If you like this change then YAY! This is a great fix for an early riser.
Keep naps and bedtime on the new schedule (1hr later). To protect this new schedule and time make sure you use continuous white noise for all sleep periods and keep the room really, really dark.
Adjusting all at once or split the difference:
Don't forget to adjust your entire schedule in the above increments eg: earlier wake-up time, nap time(s) and meal times.
Extra Daylight Saving Tips:
- Be sure to make naps a priority this week, this weekend and next week too! (view my blog on Sample Schedules by age)
- Watch the sleep windows (view my blog on Awake Windows by age).
- Install room-darkening shades for improved sleep.
- Keep things calm in the evening and no screen time 60 min before bedtime.
- Get lots of bright sunlight in the morning during this transition time.
- If necessary use your preferred sleep coaching method to help encourage sleep and get everyone in the family the sleep they need.
- Don’t forget an early enough bedtime! For most children that is between 7 – 8 PM.